Tuesday 29 March 2011

Pierre Cardin - Do you still remember his fashion??

Did you know that Pierre Cardin is Italian and that his real name is Pietro Cardin?
I didn't... and to be honest I even thought he had quitted the fashion industry long time ago... but obviosuly I was wrong!
I recently saw the book which was published last year to celebrate 60 years of his wonderful career. I was mainly attracted by its cover page ... (have a look below, it's no wonder why I was attracted to it)

and once I started to fold its pages...I was captured by Cardin’s design from the 1960’s – 1970’s. His designs embraced the themes of science-fiction and travel to outer space. The space age 3-D shift and the astronaut men’s look are his most famous outfits. He used materials never before used in fashion such as vinyl and metal rings.
Have a look at the pics I randomly selected...









I absolutely love this pic of Mia Farrow wearing a Pierre Cardin dress..isnt' she beautiful?

Cardin was a genius in promoting his name. He licensed his name to a wide array of products including chocolate, pens, cigarettes, frying pans, alarm clocks, mineral water, cassette tapes, car-seat covers, and more. He has accumulated over 900 licenses worldwide and his name appears on more than 800 different products in over 100 countries...He keeps saying: " My name is more important than myself."

I also like what he said once in an interview about fashion:
"We undress men and women, we don't dress them any more."...and also

The jean! The jean is the destructor! It is a dictator! It is destroying creativity. The jean must be stopped!”...


ok GIRLS, from tomorrow on..LET US WEAR ONLY SKIRTS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment