Tuesday 22 March 2011

Kusmi Tea - the pleasure of (a truly expensive) tea

 


The first time I saw a box of Kusmi Tea I was in Copenhagen shopping along the main pedestrian street, the Strøget.
Obviously what struck me the most was first its beautiful metal box with a Russian/floreal design and...then its price (almost 15 euro for a tiny box).
Despite the price I decided to give it a try and bought a box of Russian Morning tea...the result is that now I am totally addicted to it (and it is not so easy to find it in Bologna).

Kusmi Tea is a brand of tea with headquarters in Paris. But originally the company, which produces Russian-style teas and tea blends, was established by Pavel Michailovitch Kousmichoff in 1867 in St. Petersburg, Russia and moved to France when the Russian Revolution broke out (1917).

My favourite blends are:
Prince Vladimir (a blend of Chinese tea with citrus fruits, vanilla, and spices), Kashmir Tchai (a spicy blend of tea and spices according to a traditional Nepalese recipe) and obviously  Russian Morning, a black tea...
You can check at http://www.kusmitea.com/en/ and you will find hundreds of other types of teas (and I am sure there must be one you like!)








No comments:

Post a Comment